Are you booking your ticket for the first time and confused about the process? Fret not and just read this post to get a comprehensive understanding of the process and the tips and tricks.
In 2017, A program known as UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) was launched by the Indian government to promote flying in tier II, III and remote areas of the country. As a result, India saw a huge surge in the number of passengers choosing to fly for the first time. However, booking an air ticket for many of them is still a complicated affair. Let’s look at the guide to make this process easier.
What are the Ways of Booking Air Tickets
There are 2 primary ways of booking air tickets – online and offline.
- Offline Method: In the offline method, you can either go to the airline directly to book the ticket or book through an agent. While the offline way was the popular way of flight booking a few decades ago, the online method has undoubtedly become the best method of booking air tickets.
- Online Method: In this, you can book an air ticket through a website or an app and get the ticket in your email. This method allows you to evaluate all the flight options yourself and book the best ticket according to your budget and travel preferences. When booking online, you can choose between 2 types of websites. Let’s see them.
- Airlines Websites: While this is a great way to book an air ticket, you can never be sure if your preferred airline offers the best deal on your ticket.
- Aggregator Websites: These sites list-out all the options of air tickets from multiple airlines to your desired destination on one page. This allows you to evaluate all the available options and book the best flight and choose an airline accordingly. Some of these websites also reward you by granting some points or miles every time you book through them. More on this later.
Getting Cheap Tickets
While flying has become increasingly affordable in the last few years owing to the tremendous competition in the aviation sector, flight tickets can still burn a hole in your pocket. Thus, it is important to be vigilant and look for the best deal on your ticket. Some tips that can help you are;
- Book your tickets in advance.
- Look for discounts and offers.
- Travel in the non-peak season if you can.
- Be flexible with your travel dates.
What to Check before you Pay?
Once you have found a ticket that fits in your budget and conforms to your needs, it is time to pay and get the ticket. However, there are a few things you should always check before you pay for the ticket, such as;
- Baggage restrictions on the ticket.
- The number of stops to your destination.
- Duration of the flight.
- Cancellation/refund policy on the ticket.
Mistakes to Avoid
Booking a wrong flight ticket can cost you dearly. Thus, it is important to avoid some mistakes while making your bookings. Some of the common mistakes are;
- Not entering the name of the passengers correctly.
- Not checking the date of journey properly.
- Not checking the departure and arrival airport carefully.
Make sure you check all the details before you proceed with the transaction.
Introduction to Airmiles Program
Whether you are flying for the first time or the nth time, enrolling yourself in an air mile program can be a great way to save money on your travel while enhancing your comfort. Most of these programs are free to join, and you are rewarded with miles every time you book an air ticket through the program. Moreover, a few programs let you book across airlines. And to add to this, you can earn miles from other things as well depending on the program you join. All you need to do is look at the air ticket schedule on your desired route and buy a ticket to get miles in your kitty. These miles can later be used for buying air ticket or even booking a hotel with a program partner.
So, book your first flight and get set go. Make sure you keep this guide handy when you are making the bookings. Happy flying!