You’ve been to your Alfa Romeo dealership, and you’ve made the decision to go with the car of your dreams. The only question that remains is whether you are going to buy or lease your car, and there are advantages to both approaches:
Advantages of Buying New
Buying a new car saves you money over the long term as compared to making lease payments. It also gives you the option of modifying the vehicle with sports or other packages before you make your final purchase. Some other advantages of buying a new Alfa Romeo are based on the flexibility that you get when you buy. Once the car is yours with no strings attached, you have the option to:
- Sell the car at a price you set
- Trade it in for a new vehicle when you are ready
- Drive as much as you want without worrying about penalties for excess mileage
Advantages of Leasing
While the advantages of buying your new car are pretty clear cut, there are many reasons you may choose to lease instead. Talk to your salesperson at the Alfa Romeo dealership to see if these advantages make leasing a better option for you.
- Lower monthly payments – The Alfa Romeo you really want may fit right into your budget thanks to the lower monthly payments you get when leasing a car. This gives you the freedom to add options and still end up with the same monthly cost as buying.
- Lower down payment than when buying also helps keep you within your budget
- Ease of switching cars – Once your lease term is over, it is very easy to simply lease another vehicle, perhaps even just the latest model of the Alfa Romeo you already fell in love with. You can also add options you hadn’t thought of the first time around.
There is no one-fits-all answer when it comes to whether you should buy or lease a car. What it really comes down to are your individual preferences and personal circumstances. For some people, there is no better feeling than looking at their brand new Alfa Romeo and thinking, “That beauty is mine.” Other people look forward to changing cars often to get the best experience. That person might start off with a Spider that resembles the car of their childhood dreams, and then switch over to the larger Guilia so more friends can come along for the ride. Talk to an expert at your Alfa Romeo dealership to find just the right fit for you.