If you don’t want to hasten your pet’s demise, there is no better time than now to embrace a more holistic viewpoint and method of pet care. Start by avoiding vaccinations unless necessary, avoiding NSAIDs, and, yes, switching to a fresh, nutritious, raw diet! Irrespective of your dog’s age or health, it is always better to get them assistance right away.
Giving your ageing dog a raw diet may lower their chance of developing all of these illnesses and more.
- Liver disease
- Skin diseases
- Kidney disease
- Dental disease.
Houston Raw Pet Food specialists can easily modify a healthy, raw diet plan to fit the demands of your ageing pets since they already has the fundamental components of a diet that may help prevent chronic illnesses. Bioavailable greens, Organ meats, Omega-3 fatty acids, and probiotics, are a few examples, as are functional meals and nutritional herbs for illness management. This diet plan also includes whole-food-derived vitamins and enzymes.
What to expect when converting your dog’s diet to raw meat.
As part of the body’s normal detox process, which also cleans the interior organs and tissues, toxins are expelled from the body through the skin. Compared to younger dogs, older dogs may need a little more time to detox. If you experience any of these signs, don’t become alarmed. This often means the body is removing dangerous toxins. The body must undergo some sort of internal restructuring in order to accept the new and improved nutrients, just as people do. Your dog may exhibit detoxification symptoms such as watery eyes, hair loss, wet ears, and watery or mucousy faeces.
Here are some tips while transitioning:
- We advise sticking to a robust and fundamental protein during the first week, such as our Pure Turkey. This will allow their stomach to resume regular digestion before they consume any further protein.
- Skip a meal the day before feeding raw to let the system have a full day to eliminate any kibble residue.
- Don’t refrigerate the meal during the first few meals when feeding an elderly dog because their bellies are normally warm. To further treat the cold, add some hot water or bone broth.
- Combining the use of a high-quality probiotic with a digestive enzyme may smooth the transition and provide the conditions for a healthy microbiome, which will help prevent diarrhea.
- If your dog first refuses to eat it, don’t be alarmed; they could just be growing used to the novel flavour and texture. When they ask for it again, serve it again after putting stuff in the refrigerator.
Houston Raw Pet Food Is the Best Raw Food Supplier in Houston
There are various methods you may use to transition to a raw food diet, but it’s important to take your time. Rapid transitions are not advised, especially for elderly dogs, due to the possibility of gastrointestinal discomfort. For elderly dogs making the switch for the first time, adding probiotics and digestive enzymes to the new food would ease the adjustment. The probiotics will enhance their intestinal health and help them use food more effectively. Houston Raw Pet Food is here to help dog owners transitioning their dog’s diet into raw food. Our raw food diets are healthy and fresh. Call Houston Raw Pet Food in Houston today for more information.