Proper dental hygiene is a necessity, and it ruins your smile if it is not maintained properly. It is imperative to take your dental health seriously. Certain oral health hygiene practices such as brushing, flossing, rinsing, mouthwash, and regular dental checkups in Kelowna ensure that you have healthy teeth. Apart from this, you have to avoid using some harmful food products such as aerated drinks, coffee, sticky food products, and others that affect your teeth.
If you are not following these tips and taking your dental health lightly, then it is a huge mistake on your side. In this article, we will study about what are some important reasons to take your dental health seriously. There are various dentist in Kelowna BC, with whom you can consult for better advice about your dental health.
What are Important Reasons to Take Your Dental Health Seriously?
- Gum Disease and Disease: Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of gum disease. Some research proves that gum disease can also lead to diabetes. It is because if there is gum bacteria in the mouth, the carbohydrate metabolism is affected, and there is an increase in insulin resistance and also a rise in the blood glucose level.
- Monitoring Oral Cancer: If you do not take care of your oral health, it can lead to some serious conditions like oral cancer. It is important to do regular dental checkups at least twice a year so that you can have less probability of oral health problems. Oral cancer screenings include an inspection of the gums, cheeks, tongue, and lips. You should always take care of these parts where if you find any symptom of cancer, you should consult a doctor.
- Fertility and Pregnancy: If you are a pregnant woman, any periodontal disease will lead to a negative impact on fertility and pregnancy. It can lead to an increase in the difficulty in conception, premature birth, or low birth weight. A woman with periodontal disease takes around seven months to conceive, and therefore, these are all such issues created by oral health diseases.
What are Some Tips for Better Oral Health?
- Use mouthwash at least twice a day, which reduces the proximity of a gum disease. It kills around 60% of microbes, and therefore, it will be an effective solution to keep your oral hygiene.
- Floss your teeth properly before you brush.
- You should use a soft-bristled brush, which will reduce the potential damage to the teeth.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for the best healthcare.
- Visit the dentist twice a year for best oral health.