A health insurance cover is a basic necessity for all. It gives your family members the financial protection in case anything happens to you. Today, there are many health insurance providers in India. Read on to know the best insurers:
Every year, the IRDAI announces a list of health insurance companies. The governing body considers a few important features to rate the insurance companies like the benefits offered to the customers, incurred claim ratio, and the overall performance of the company. If you are looking to buy a healthy insurance policy, you would surely want to work with the best insurance company. Listed below are some of the best health insurance companies in India.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
Rated among the top insurance companies in India, Max Bupa offers a wide range of health insurance products. The company, which is a joint venture between Max India Ltd and Bupa Finance PLC, it has some of the best insurance experts in the industry. The insurance products are quite popular among the people and they are rates as the best by the experts. Some of the best features of the health insurance policies by the compare are:
- The insurance buyers get a wide range of exclusive benefits such as coverage for room rent, and lifelong renewal options
- The company has won several awards, which reflect their credibility as the best in the business
- It has many options to suit the different needs of the people of all age groups and income groups
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company
Apollo Munich came into existence as a result of merger between the Apollo Hospitals Groups, one of the premium hospital groups in the country, and Munich Health. Among all the insurance providers in the country, Apollo Munich’s health insurance policies stand out from the rest in terms of offering comprehensive coverage. Some of the best features of the company:
- One of the main reasons why Apollo Munich’s health insurance policies are considered the best is because they cater to the needs of people from all walks of life.
- Cashless treatment facility is becoming increasingly popular among all health insurance buyers. Apollo Munich provides a custom-made service by approving the claims for cashless treatment on the same day.
- The company takes immense pride in having 80% renewal rate from its policyholders. Also, the company has an incredibly high settlement ratio, which is up to 95%. Also, most claims are settled within 15 days.
One of the premium financial institutions in India, HDFC is known for its banking and loan services. A part of one the biggest conglomerates in the world, HDFC Life is a leading insurance company that offers a wide range of group health and individual health plans. The HDFC Life health insurance plans are specially created to help meet the requirements of the buyer at different stages of life. The expertise of the HDFC Life sales representatives is unparalleled and they offer the best pre-sales and post-sales service. Some of the plans like the HDFC cancer care plan and the HDFC cardiac care plan are exclusive to HDFC Life and they offer protection against two of the most dreaded diseases.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
A popular name in the insurance industry, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance was one of the first companies that offer captive TPA services. Some of the major benefits of buying health insurance plans from Bajaj Allianz include:
- The company provides a wide array of policies that specifically caters to the needs of families, senior citizens and women buyers
- The policies provide coverage against the pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses
- The company has a wide network of more than 5000 hospitals across India form where you can avail cashless treatment