Fire drills prepare people on knowing how to act if there is a fire around. To avoid screaming, panicking, heat attacks, clueless mistakes, and complete chaos, drills are required to prepare people. There are examples of common mistakes made given to people during these drills to prevent them from happening. And there are drills for not just fires but also for natural disasters like earthquake,
tsunamis, cyclones, sand storms, blizzards, also active shooters and active armed offenders, and even online drills for COVID-19. There are evacuation consultants available online and in-person to give their customers the guidance they need.
These are a feature of evacuation services:
- Evacuation Training: It involves how one must cope with their reactions regarding the emergency. It also corrects panicky behaviour, reactions, feelings, impulses, common mistakes and misconceptions.
- Evacuation Consultancy: Evacuation consultancies give advice in are an area of the field, including evacuation routes, site routines and processes, requirements for evacuations, equipment and compliance, a stakeholders responsibilities and tasks.
- Reasonably Affordable Costs: Instead of going for those agencies that offer low rates and compromised services, go for those with a more reasonable rate. These affordable companies can provide the services and training one needs to be fully prepared. They also give fire fighting equipment and even provide insurance.
- On-site equipment Provided: Fire fighting equipment is provided to workplaces to keep. People at the scene of the fire will be able to use this equipment to save their lives as well as others. They will be able to use it with the aid of their training when they really need it. They train people to use fire fighting equipment such that they know how it works and has practical experience of using it.
- Evacuation Diagrams Provided: An ‘poster’ complete with an evacuation diagram is also provided to the client in every location. It refers to the reader’s position saying, “YOU ARE HERE”. There are also arrows on the diagram showing the path they must take to swiftly evacuate in order to leave the place.
- Insurance Provided: These companies also cover insurance and liability and risk. This gives the employer some peace of mind, knowing that the employees will be safe and well trained by a service. And that service is confident enough to provide insurance in the case their training isn’t effective.
Different Courses include:
- Human Behaviour in Emergencies: This observes people’s different behaviours, reactions and coping methods. They are trained accordingly to prevent them from acting on some impulses and avoid them from making simple mistakes. This takes care of every kind of person so that no life is lost by chance. This kind of training corrects wrong behaviours exhibited by people in emergencies.
- Security Awareness During Armed Hold Up: This kind of training prepares security personnel in case of an armed robbery. This training keeps any risks dealing with aggressive people and their orders down to a minimum. It is especially helpful in places that are more likely to get robbed, like banks, financial institutions, big businesses, casinos, upscale departments and others.